Thursday, September 29, 2011



Saw 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara' today. Kudos for its simplicity coz simple is tough. I felt even the slightly awkward acting at times helped to fit in, into the mood of this script.

At the time of its release most people, I recall, talked of it being a one time watch film. And it surprises me a tad bit coz its rare when one feels like watching a film more than once.
Many people discarded the film as its plot line reminded them of 'Hangover' (the film got branded as its Indian remake). Others felt its meat was more like 'Dil Chahta Hai'.

Despite these glaring similarities I liked the film simply because the amazing feeling of being completely free seeped out of the film to me. The director has obviously done some brilliant piece work there. I even enjoyed watching Katrina for once. But most of all I loved the little poems Farhan kept musing over throughout the film. The last one would be one of my favorites.


Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum

Nazar mein khwabon ki bijliyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum

Hawa ke jhokon ke jaise aazad rehna sikho

Tum ek dariya ke jaise lehron mein behna sikho

Har ek lamhe se tum milo khole apni bhaayein

Har ek pal ek naya samha dekhen yeh nigahaein

Jo apni aankhon mein hairaniyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum

Dilon mein tum apni betaabiyan leke chal rahe ho, toh zinda ho tum

'Zindagi Na Milegi Doobara'

-Directed by Zoya Akhtar & poems penned by Javed Akhtar


No comments: